Make Mom strong/ haciendonos fuertes!

I didn't want to write about this topic because is difficult for me to talk a bout my fears and problems. But sometimes my blog is my best therapy , so here we go. Saturday I had a sad experience that made me think a lot. we went to a birthday party, tarek was very excited and he did better that ever ; I think most of his sensory issues are in the past and he can tolerate more a more loud noises and big crowds. Well, he went to upstairs and found some boys playing in the room, I observed him, and kill my heart to see that he wanted to play so bad with the boys and trying to mimic their movement or being funny to make new friends, but they were ignoring him and even more sad they didn't let him play and took the toys away. I observed for long 3 or 4 minutes until I couldn't stand the situation anymore. I wanted to yell at the kids, but I knew the biggest fault wasn't them but their families, their parent ,our culture that really don't believe in compassion or Real integration, I took tarek from the party. I cried for hours the next morning, thinking " this, will be the beginning of his Social life? afraid of thinking that will happened again again, and maybe I will not be around to help him. Thinking and wishing that tarek didn't get the rejection of the other boys. Days pass and tears went away, I can't change everybody mind, but for sure I can touch the heart of the people around ME, and tarek without a doubt can warm the heart of so many people . I think the key here is surround us with people and friends that really LOVE us and try to avoid situation were we can get Hurt, so we do not suffer for Unnecessary reasons.
So many obstacles.....so many tears..........but for sure it nothing compare to the great journey together, all the smiles, and happiness that you brought to my life.
I love you ..MOM.

Comments

  1. You are truly an amazing person, an amazing mom to Tarek, and a great example to me! I look up to you so much. Tarek brings joy to so many people, I am so happy that I know you and Tarek. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts